verb (rfc-level, Verb at L4+ not in L3 POS section)
- (intransitive) to get involved or involve oneself causing disturbance
Etymology: Old French entreferir, from entre, + férir, "to strike", Latin ferire, "to strike", "to knock".
- I always try not to with other people"s personal affairs.
- (intransitive) (physics) (of waves) to be correlated with each other when overlap, overlapped or superpose, superposed
- Correlated waves to produce interesting patterns, while uncorrelated waves overlap without interfering.
- Where the radio-wave signals of the two radio stations the listener hears nothing but noise.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for interfere for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of interfere