verb (insures, insuring, insured)
- To provide for mitigation if something goes wrong. Often agree by contract to offer financial compensation in case of an accident, theft or other undesirable event.
- I'm not insured against burglary.
- (misspelling of, assure)
- (misspelling of, ensure) (British English)
- To assure, i.e. to promise with emphasis.
- He insured me that there would be no further delays.
- To ensure. (American English)
- Insure that it does not happen again.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for insure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of insure