- A means of indemnity against occurrence of a uncertain event.
Etymology: From old form ensurance, see also assurance.
- The car was totalled, but fortunately I had .
- The business of providing insurance.
- After five years in banking, I switched to .
- Metaphoric: Any attempt to anticipate an unfavorable event.
- The sky was clear, but I took my umbrella for .
- Blackjack: A bet made after the deal, which pays off if the dealer has blackjack.
- I only take if the count is right.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for insurance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of insurance