- The interior part of a country. Shakespeare
adverb Into, or towards, the interior, away from the coast. Cook.
- Within the land; more or less remote from the ocean or from open water; interior; as, an inland town.
- From regions to the distant main. Cowper.
- Limited to the land, or to inland routes; within the seashore boundary; not passing on, or over, the sea; as, inland transportation, commerce, navigation, etc.
- Confined to a country or state; domestic; not foreing; as, an inland bill of exchange. See Exchange.
- The greatest waves of population have rolled from the east. S. Turner.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for inland for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of inland