- The first letter of a word or a name.
- In plural, the first letter of each word of a person's full name considered as a unit
- You can get your initials printed at the top.
- (transitive) To sign one's initials.
- Please each page and sign the entire packet.
- first; of or pertaining to the beginning
Etymology: initialis, from initium a going in, entrance, beginning.
- My guess turned out to be wrong.
- Placed at the beginning, as of a list or series.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for initial for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of initial