noun (hurries, -)
verb (hurr, i, ed)
- Rushed action. When one is "in a hurry" (adverbial phrase) it means one is doing things quickly and often impatiently.
- (countable)(sports) In American football, an incidence of a defensive player forcing the quarterback to act faster than the quarterback was prepared to, resulting in a failed offensive play.
- To do things quickly.
Etymology: Of imitative origin
- He's hurrying because he's late.
- To speed up the rate of doing something.
- If you don't you wont finish on time.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hurry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hurry