- The protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- A prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.
- To utter a loud, protraced, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- To utter a sound expressive of distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- To make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
- To utter with outcry.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for howl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of howl