noun (horns, -)
- (countable) A hard growth of keratin that protrudes from the top of the head of certain animals.
- (uncountable) The hard substance from which animals' horns are made, sometimes used by man as a material for making various objects.
Etymology: From .
- an umbrella with a handle made of
- (countable) Any of several musical wind instruments.
- (countable) An instrument resembling a musical horn and used to signal others.
- (countable) A loud alarm, especially one on a motor vehicle.
- (countable) A conical device used to direct waves.
- (context, informal, countable) Generally, any brass wind instrument.
- (context, slang, countable, from the horn-shaped earpieces of old communication systems that used air tubes) A telephone.
- (context, uncountable, coarse, slang, definite article) An erection of the penis.
- (context, countable, coarse, slang, definite article) A peninsula or crescent-shaped tract of land. "to navigate around the horn."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for horn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of horn