- (given name, female) from the virtue, like Faith and Charity first used by Puritans.
- An English and Scottish topographic surname for someone who lived in a hop, a small enclosed valley
- A town in Arkansas
- A town in British Columbia
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Hope for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Hope
- (uncountable) The belief or expectation that something wished for can or will happen.
verb (hop, ing)
- I still have some that I can get to work on time.
- (countable) The actual thing wished for
- (countable) A person or thing that is a source of hope
- We still have one left: my roommate might see the note I left on the table.
- (in Christianity) The virtuous desire for future good
- But now abideth faith, , love, these three; and the greatest of these is love. (1Cor. 13:13)
- to want something to happen.
- I everyone likes this definition.
- to be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes
- I am still hoping that all will turn out well
- to expect and wish
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hope for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hope