- (of a person or institution) scrupulous with regard to telling the truth; not given to swindling, lying, or fraud
- Has the president been with us?
- (of a statement) true, esp. true as far as the knowledge of the person making the statement.
- in good faith; without malice
- an mistake
- fair; unbiased
- an account of events
- (of measurement devices) accurate
- an scale
- veritable; full
- an day's work
- upright, truthful, fair
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for honest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of honest