verb (hobb, ing)
- A kind of cutting tool, used to cut the teeth of a gear.
- (obsolete) The flat projection or iron shelf at the side of a fire grate, where things are put to be kept warm.
- The top cooking surface on a cooker. It typically comprises several cooking elements (often four), also known as 'rings'.
(wikipedia, Gear cutting)
(wikipedia, Hobbing machine)
- (transitive) To create (a gear) by cutting with a hob.
- (intransitive) To engage in the process of cutting gears with a hob.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hob for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hob