- A clue.
- I needed a to complete the crossword.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- This entry requires a of irony.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- This font does not scale well; at small point sizes it has no hinting at all, and the hints that it has for the 10- and 12-point letter 'g' still need work.
- To deliberately imply, indirectly suggest, or provide a clue.
Etymology: From obsolete hent, from Old English hentan "to seize," from Proto-Germanic
- She hinted at the possibility of a recount of the votes.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- The typographer worked all day on hinting her new font so it would look good on computer screens.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hint for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hint