- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
verb (hik, ing)
- The tenants were not happy with the rent .
- The snap of the ball to start a play.
(wikipedia, hiking (sailing))
Etymology: hyke, uncertain originhttp://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=hike
- To walk along a hiking trail, especially a nature/scenic long walk, usually without overnight camping gear.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- To snap the ball to start a play.
- (nautical) To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counter-balance the effects of the wind on the sails.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hike for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hike