- An area or a spot in a drawing, painting, or photograph that is strongly illuminated.
- An especially significant or interesting detail or event.
Etymology: high + light
- (transitive): To make prominent; emphasize.
- (transitive): To be a highlight of.
- (transitive): To mark (important passages of text) with a usually fluorescent marker as a means of memory retention or for later reference.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for highlight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of highlight