Etymology: Prefix hetero- + gene + -ous.
- diverse, Diverse in kind or nature; composed of diverse parts.
- (mathematics) incommensurable, Incommensurable because of different kinds.
- (physics): Having more than one phase (solid, liquid, gas) present in a system or process.
- (chemistry): Visibly consisting of different components.
- (information technology): A network comprising different types of computers, potentially with vastly differing memory sizes, processing power and even basic underlying architecture. Alternatively, a data resource with multiple types of formats.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for heterogeneous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of heterogeneous