- an action done on a regular basis.
- It's become a of mine to have a cup of coffee after dinner.
- an action performed repeatedly and automatically, usually without awareness.
- By force of , he dressed for work even though it was holiday.
- a long piece of clothing worn by monks and nuns.
- It's interesting how Catholic and Buddhist monks both wear habits.
- a piece of clothing worn uniformly for a specific activity.
- The new riding habits of the team looked smashing!.
- customary manner of dress.
Etymology: From French, habit, from habitus.
- 1719: w:Daniel Defoe, Daniel Defoe, w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe
- : ...it was always my fate to choose for the worse, so I did here; for having money in my pocket and good clothes upon my back, I would always go on board in the of a gentleman; and so I neither had any business in the ship, or learned to do any.
- an addiction.
- He has a 10-cigar .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for habit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of habit