verb (grows, growing, grew, grown)
- (intransitive) To become bigger.
Etymology: Old English growan, grÅwan, from Germanic
- Children quickly.
- (intransitive) To appear or sprout.
- The plant began to .
- A long tail began to from his backside.
- (transitive) To cause something to become bigger, especially plants.
- He grows peppers and squash each summer in his garden.
- grÅ-. Cognate with Dutch groeien. Compare grass, green.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of grow