noun (rfc-level, Noun at L4+ not in L3 POS section)
verb (greas, ing)
- Animal fat in a melted or soft state; oily or fatty matter of any kind.
- Inflammation of a horse's heels also knowen as scratches (pastern dermatitis).
- Put grease or fat on something to lubricate.
- To bribe.
- (italbrac, aviation slang) To perform a landing extraordinarily smoothly.
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman grece, from graisse.
- To my amazement, I greased the landing despite the tricky crosswinds.
- (slang) To kill
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grease for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of grease