- An English surname and a Scottish clan name, from a nickname "large", Anglo-Norman grand.
- (given name, male), transferred use of the surname.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Grant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Grant
- The act of granting; a bestowing or conferring; concession; allowance; permission.
- The yielding or admission of something in dispute.
- The thing or property granted; a gift; a boon.
- A transfer of property by deed or writing; especially, au appropriation or conveyance made by the government; as, a grant of land or of money; also, the deed or writing by which the transfer is made.
- To give over; to make conveyance of; to give the possession or title of; to convey; -- usually in answer to petition.
- To bestow or confer, with or without compensation, particularly in answer to prayer or request; to give.
- To admit as true what is not yet satisfactorily proved; to yield belief to; to allow; to yield; to concede.
- To assent; to consent.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of grant