- An item of clothing other than a mitten, covering all or part of the hand and fingers, but allowing independent movement of the fingers.
verb (glov, ing)
- I wore gloves to keep my hands warm.
- The champ laced on his gloves before the big bout.
- (baseball) The ability to catch a hit ball.
- Frederico had a great , but he couldn't hit a curveball, so he never broke into the pros.
- (context, baseball, transitive) To catch the ball in a baseball mitt
- He gloved the line drive for the third out.
- (transitive) To put on a glove.
- Maxwell gloved his hand so that he wouldn't leave fingerprints, then pulled the trigger.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glove for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of glove