noun (plural: glories)
verb (glor, i, ed)
- Great beauty or splendour, of such overwhelmingness that it is considered powerful.
- honour, Honour and valour.
- worship, Worship or praise, as in glory to God.
- optical, Optical phenomenon caused by water dropplets.
- To exult with joy; to rejoice.
Etymology: Latin gloria
- 1891: w:Thomas Hardy, Thomas Hardy, s:Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Tess of the d'Urbervilles
- : He says he glories in what happened, and that good may be done indirectly; but I wish he would not so wear himself out now he is getting old, and would leave such pigs to their wallowing.
- To boast; to be proud.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of glory