- (uncountable) The amount of bending that something undergoes when a force is applied to it.
verb (gives, giving, gave, given)
- This chair doesn't have much give.
- (ditransitive) To transfer the possession or holding of (something to someone or something else).
- (intransitive) To bend slightly when a force is applied.
- (ditransitive) To estimate or predict (a duration or probability for something).
- I it ten minutes before he gives up.
- I it a 95% chance of success.
- I'll give their marriage six months.''
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for give for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of give