- A young female (in contrast to boy), usually a child or adolescent.
- Any woman, regardless of her age.
- A female servant; a maid.
- A boy with girl-like qualities, especially squeamishness.
Etymology: From Middle English (term, gyrle, , child of either sex), of unknown origin; possibly from Old English
- Stop being such a and punch back.
- A queen (the playing card)
- (term, , gyrele) <
- (term, , gurwilon-) (diminutive of
- (term, , gurwjoz)) < (PIE.)
- (term, , ghwrgh-); another possibility is from Old English (term, gierela, , garment).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for girl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of girl