- (obsolete) The spirit; the soul of man.
- Then gives her grieved thus to lament. — Spenser
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- The mighty ghosts of our great Harrys rose. — Shakespeare.
- I thought that I had died in sleep/And was a blessed . — Coleridge
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering.
- not a of a chance
- the of an idea
- Each separate dying ember wrought its upon the floor. — Poe
- A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
- A ghostwriter.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ghost for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ghost