- A measure; a standard of measure; an instrument to determine dimensions, distance, or capacity; a standard; an act of measuring.
- 2007. Zerzan, John. Silence. p. 2.
- : The record of philosophy vis-í -vis silence is generally dismal, as good a as any to its overall failure.
- Any instrument for ascertaining or regulating the level, state, dimensions or forms of things; as, a rain gauge; a steam gauge.
- The distance between the rails of a railway.
- (context, mathematics, analysis) A semi-norm; a function that assigns a non-negative size to all vectors in a vector space.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gauge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gauge