- An opening in anything made by breaking or parting
verb (gap, p, ing)
- a gap in a fence
- He made a by kicking a weak spot.
- An opening allowing passage or entrance
- We can slip through that .
- An opening that implies a breach or defect
- There is a between the roof and the gutter.
- A vacant space or time
- I have a in my schedule next Tuesday.
- A hiatus.
- I'm taking a .
- A mountain pass.
- The exploring party went through the high in the mountains.
- (baseball) The regions between the outfielders.
- Jones doubled through the .
- (transitive) To notch, as a sword or knife.
- (transitive) To make an opening in; to breach.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gap for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gap