- A going; a course.
- A number going in company; hence, a company, or a number of persons associated for a particular purpose; a group of laborers under one foreman; a squad; as, a gang of sailors; a chain gang; a gang of thieves.
- A combination of similar implements arranged so as, by acting together, to save time or labor; a set; as, a gang of saws, or of plows.
- A set; all required for an outfit; as, a new gang of stays.
- The mineral substance which incloses a vein; a matrix; a gangue.
- (italbrac, Electrical components) The number of switches wired into one face plate.
- (italbrac, electrical components) A group of wires attached as a collection; a gang of wires.
- Do a drop for the telephone , then another drop for the internet , both through the ceiling of the wiring closet.
- (intransitive) To band together as a group or gang.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gang for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gang