- (countable) A pursuit or activity with rules performed either alone or with others, for the purpose of entertainment.
verb (gam, ing)
- Shall we play a ?
- (in plural games) Sport played in a lesson at school.
- (uncountable) Wild animals hunted for food.
- The forest has plenty of .
- (countable) The entire being of an industry, activity or profession.
- When it comes to making sales, John is the best in the .
- (intransitive) To gamble.
- (intransitive) To play games and be a gamer.
- (transitive) To use a system or bureaucracy in a way which defeats or nullifies the rules in effect, usually to obtain a result which otherwise would be unobtainable.
adjective (gamer, gamest)
- We'll bury them in paperwork, and the system.
- Willing to participate. (''No (compar) or (superl).)
- I'm , would you like to tell me how to do that? - From the computer game Adventure.
- Having the slightly unpleasant taste of (hunted wildlife.)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for game for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of game