- The time ahead; those moments yet to be experienced.
- Something that will happen in moments yet to come.
- ''There is no future in dwelling on the past.
- (grammatical terminology): verb tense used to talk about events that will happen in the future. future tense
- (finance) (plural) commodities, Commodities or stocks bought or sold with the understanding that they will be delivered at a date beyond the current one.
- Having to do with or occurring in the future.
Etymology: From Latin futurus, irregular future participle of esse, be.
- Future generations will either laugh or cry at our stupidity.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for future for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of future