- To encourage growth.
- To support progress or growth of something.
- (comparative of, far, lang=English, POS=adjective) Of greater distance, especially in degree.
- (comparative of, far, lang=English, POS=adverb)
- Also, in addition to.
- 1924: ARISTOTLE. Metaphysics. Translated by W. D. Ross. Nashotah, Wisconsin, USA: The Classical Library, 2001. Available at: <http://www.classicallibrary.org/aristotle/metaphysics/>. Book 1, Part 6.
- : Further, besides sensible things and Forms he says there are the objects of mathematics, which occupy an intermediate position,
- A greater distance in space or time.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for further for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of further