- A person other than a family member, spouse or lover whose company one enjoys and towards whom one feels affection.
- A boyfriend or girlfriend.
- An associate who provides assistance.
- The Automobile Association is every motorist"s .
- The police is every law abiding citizen"s .
- A person with whom one is vaguely or indirectly acquainted
- a of a
- A person who backs something.
- I"m not a of cheap wine.
- An object or idea that can be used for good.
- Google is your .
- (colloquial, ironic, used only in the vocative) Used as a form of address when warning someone.
- You"d better watch it, .
Etymology: From (term, frend) < (term, freond, frÄond).
- to act as the friend of
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for friend for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of friend