- One of the Franks, a Germanic federation that inhabited parts of what are now France, the Low Countries and Germany.
Etymology: Old English Franca
- (given name, male) originally derived from the medieval tribal name, revived in the nineteenth century and now considered as a diminutive of Francis .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Frank for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Frank
- (uncountable) Free postage, a right exercised by governments (usually with definite article).
- (countable) The notice on an envelope where a stamp would normally be found.
adjective (comparative franker, superlative frankest)
- To place a frank on an envelope.
- Honest, especially in an manner that seems slightly blunt.
- May I be with you?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for frank for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of frank