- The shape or visible structure of a thing or person.
- A thing that gives shape to other things as in a mold.
- An order of doing things, as in religious ritual.
- A blank document or template to be filled in by the user.
- To apply for the position, complete the application .
- (grammar) A grouping of words which maintain grammatical context in different usages.
- Characteristics not involving atomic components.
- A criminal record.
- Note, this would usually be stated as "Jim has form", rather than "Jim has a form".
Etymology: forme < forma < Ancient Greek (morfa)
- To give shape or visible structure to a thing or person.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for form for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of form