verb (forgets, forgetting, forgot, forgotten)
- (transitive) To lose remembrance of.
Etymology: Old English forÄietan
- I have forgotten most of the things I learned in school.
- (transitive) To unintentionally not do.
- I forgot to buy flowers for my wife at our 14th wedding anniversary.
- (intransitive) To cease remembering.
- Let's just about it.
- (rfv-sense) Euphemism for fuck
- Forget you!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for forget for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of forget