verb (fog, g, ed)
- A new growth of grass appearing on a field that has been mowed or grazed.
- Tall and decaying grass left standing after the cutting or grazing season.
- (Scottish) moss, Moss.
- (intransitive) To become covered with or as if with fog.
- (intransitive) To become obscured in condensation or water.
- The mirror fogged every time he showered.
- (context, intransitive, photography) To become dim or obscure.
- (transitive) To cover with or as if with fog.
- (transitive) To obscure in condensation or water.
- (transitive) To make confusing or obscure.
- (context, transitive, photography) To make dim or obscure.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fog for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fog