noun (WikiSaurus?-link, flirt)
- A sudden jerk; a quick throw or cast; a darting motion; hence, a jeer.
- One who flirts; esp., a woman who acts with giddiness, or plays at courtship; a coquette; a pert girl.
- To throw with a jerk or quick effort; to fling suddenly; as, they flirt water in each other's faces; he flirted a glove, or a handkerchief.
- To toss or throw about; to move playfully to and fro; as, to flirt a fan.
- To jeer at; to treat with contempt; to mock.
- To run and dart about; to act with giddiness, or from a desire to attract notice
- To play the coquette; to play at courtship; to coquet; as, they flirt with the young men.
- To utter contemptuous language, with an air of disdain; to jeer or gibe.
- pert; wanton
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flirt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flirt