verb (flips, flipping, flipped)
- A maneuver consisting of an object rotating end over end.
- (transitive) To throw as to turn over.
A clipped form of flippant: Having the quality of playfulness or lack of seriousness of purpose.
- You need to the pancake onto the other side
- (transitive) To put into a quick revolve, revolving motion by a snap of thumb and index finger.
- If you can't decide which one of two options to choose, a coin.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To go crazy.
- I'd if anyone broke my phone.
:I hate to be flip, but perhaps we could steal a Christmas tree.
- (defn, English)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flip for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flip