- Anything broad and limber that hangs loose, or that is attached by one side or end and is easily moved; as, the flap of a garment.
- A hinged leaf, as of a table or shutter.
- a stir, scandal or controversy
- The comment caused quite a in the newspapers.
- The motion of anything broad and loose, or a stroke or sound made with it; as, the flap of a sail or the flap of a wing
- A disease in the lips of horses.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flap for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flap