- The degree to which something fits something else.
verb (fits, fitting, fitted or fit, fitted or )
- This shirt is a bad .
- Since he put on weight, his jeans have been a tight .
- (Advertising) how well a particular commercial execution captures the character or values of a brand.
- The Wonder Bread advertising research results showed the "White Picket Fence" commercial had strong ratings.
- (intransitive) Of an object, to be of the right size and shape so as to match another object.
adjective (fitt, er)
- I want to the drapes to the design of the room
- (intransitive) Of clothing, to be of the right size and cut.
- (transitive) To tailor; to change to the appropriate size.
- in good shape
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 243d.
- : The rest we'll leave to be examined later, if we think ;
- (British slang) good looking, fanciable, attractive
- I think the girl working in the office is .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fit