verb (finds, finding, found, found or archaic founden)
- Anything that is found, especially by good fortune.
- (transitive) To encounter, to discover.
Etymology: Old English findan, from Germanic
- Project Gutenberg finds that Find is the 190th most important word in the English language.
- I found my car keys -- they were under the couch.''
- (transitive) To point out.
- He kept finding faults with my work.
- (transitive) To decide that, to form the opinion that.
- I find your argument unsatisfactory.
- (transitive) To determine or judge.
- The jury finds for the defendant
- finíanan. Cognate with Dutch vinden, German finden, Swedish finna.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for find for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of find