noun (wikipedia, fellow)
Etymology: (suffix, fellow, ship)
- A company of people that shares the same interest or aim.
- A feeling of friendship, relatedness or connection between people.
- A merit-based scholarship.
- A temporary position at an academic institution with limited teaching duties and ample time for research; this may also be called a postdoctoral, postdoc.
- A stipend that supports the pursuit of an advanced degree and/or research.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fellowship for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fellowship