- A movement made to confuse the opponent, a dummy
- That which is feigned; an assumed or false appearance; a pretense; a stratagem; a fetch.
- (context, fencing, boxing, war) An offensive movement resembling an attack in all but its continuance
- To make a feint, or mock attack.
Etymology: pretended, from feindre to feign.
- (obsolete) Feigned; counterfeit.
- (context, fencing, boxing, war) (of an attack) directed toward a different part from the intended strike
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for feint for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of feint