- (uncountable) food, Food given to (especially herbivorous) animals.
verb (feeds, feeding, fed)
- They sell , riding helmets, and everything else for horses.
- Something supply, supplied continuously; as, a satellite feed.
- (countable) A gathering to eat, especially in quantity
- They held a crab on the beach.
- Encapsulated online content that you can subscribe to with a feed reader. Used often for reading blog and news updates.
- (transitive) to give food to eat, nurture
Etymology: fedan, fÄdan, from Germanic. Cognate with Dutch voeden, Swedish fída.
- Feed the dog every evening.
- (intransitive) to eat (usually of animals)
- Spiders on gnats and flies.
- (transitive) To give to a machine to be processed.
- Feed the paper gently into the document shredder.
- We got interesting results after feeding' the computer with the new data.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for feed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of feed