- A deed in which help is voluntarily provided.
- He did me a when he took the time to drive me home.
- goodwill, Goodwill; benevolent regard.
- She enjoyed the queen's .
- A small gift; a party favor.
- At the holiday dinner, the hosts had set a by each place setting.
- (transitive) To look upon fondly; to prefer.
- And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. —Wikisource:Bible, English, King_James, Luke
- Chapter 1, Luke 1:28, King James version, 1611
- (transitive) To do a favor (noun sense 1) for; to show beneficence toward.
- Would you favor us with a poetry reading?
- (transitive) To treat with care.
- Favoring your sore leg will only injure the other one.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for favor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of favor