- the act or practice of abstaining from or eating very little food
- the period of time when one abstains from or eats very little food
- (rail transport) a train that calls at only some stations it passes between its origin and destination, typically just the principal stations.
- (intransitive) to abstain from or eat very little food
adjective (faster, fastest)
- 2007. Zerzan, John. Silence. p. 3.
- : It is at the core of the Vision Quest, the solitary period of fasting and closeness to the earth to discover one's life path and purpose.
- occurring or happening within a short time
adverb (faster, fastest)
- It only took me ten minutes to get to the airport. -- That is indeed.
- capable of moving with great speed
- My husband is going to buy a car.
- firmly or securely fixed in place
- The dog is choking. I think her collar is too .
- ahead of the correct time or schedule.
- There must be something wrong with the hall clock. It is always .
- (context, of a dye) not running or fade, fading when subjected to detrimental conditions such as wetness or intense light
- (context, of photographic film) more sensitive to light than average
- (context, of sleep) deep or sound
- (context, of friends etc) inseparable
- In a fast manner; within a short time.
- Do it as as you can.
- move, Moving quickly or with great speed.
- Horses can run very .
- In a firm or secure manner.
- Hold this rope as as you can.
- (context, of sleeping) deeply or soundly
- He is asleep.
- ahead of the correct time or schedule
- I think my watch is running .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fast for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fast