- A doer, maker; a person who does things for another person or organization
- The of the trading post bought the furs.
- An integral part
- The greatest in the decision was the need for public transportation.
- The economy was a in this year's budget figures.
- (mathematics) Any of various objects multiply, multiplied together to form some whole
- 3 is a of 12, as are 2, 4 and 6.
- The factors of the Klein four-group are both cyclic of order 2.
- (Root Cause Analysis) Influence; a phenomenon that affects the nature, the magnitude, and/or the timing of a consequence
- The launch temperature was a of the Challenger disaster.
Etymology: From Latin , doer or maker, from perfect passive participle factus, done or made, from verb facere, do or make
- (transitive) To find all the factors of (a number or other mathematical object) (the objects that divide it evenly).
- (context, of a number or other mathematical object, intransitive) To be a product of other objects.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for factor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of factor