- Any one of the flat surfaces cut into a gem.
- The facets of the diamond were masterfully cut to enhance its value.
- One among many similar or related, yet still distinct things.
- The child's learning disability was only one of the problems contributing to his delinquency.
- One of a series of things, such as steps in a project.
- We had just about completed the research of the project when the order came to cancel it.
- (anatomy) One member of a compound eye, as found in insects and crustaceans.
- To cut a facet into a gemstone.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for facet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of facet