- anything that is virtually equal to another
- (chemistry) an equivalent weight
Etymology: From íquivalentem (nominative of íquivalens).
- similar or identical in value, meaning or effect; virtually equal
- (mathematics) of two sets, having a one-to-one relationship
- (mathematics) relating to the corresponding elements of an equivalence relation
- (chemistry) having the equal ability to combine
- (cartography) of a map, equal-area
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for equivalent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of equivalent