- A person or thing of equal status to others.
verb (equals, equalling, equalled)
- We're all equals here.
- This beer has no .
- (mathematics) To be equal to, to have the same value as.
- Two plus two equals four.
- (informal) To have as its consequence.
- Losing this deal equals losing your job.
- (notcomparable) The same in all respects.
- Equal conditions should produce results.
- (context, mathematics, notcomparable) Exactly identical, having the same value.
- All right angles are .
- (comparable) Unvarying, fair.
- The treatment of students in this school is very .
- (comparable) adequate, Adequate; sufficiently capable or qualified.
- This test is pretty tough, but I think I'm to it.
Etymology: (term, aequalis)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for equal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of equal