verb (enabl, ing)
- (obsolete): To give strength or ability to; to make firm and strong.
Etymology: (prefix, en, able)
- Who hath enabled me. 1 Tim. i. 12.
- To make able (to do, or to be, something); to confer sufficient power upon; to furnish with means, opportunities, and the like; to render competent for; to empower; to endow.
- Temperance gives Nature her full play, and enables her to exert herself in all her force and vigor. -Addison.
- To allow a way out or excuse for an action
- ''His parents enabled him to continue buying drugs.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for enable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of enable